Masons Cemetery Scavenger Hunt!
the masons are a fraternal order that have been around for centuries. the organization's goals focuses on philanthropic work, as well as developing good character traits. In the 1800s, the masons purchased a section of land for burials, and is now part of our historical cemetery block.
We use the term "masons" (without the apostrophe) Cemetery as this reference is in most of the records we have of the section.
Clark Churchill was a proud Politician and buried in the Masons Section.
Here are some other individuals who are also buried there.
The answers can be found on Find a Grave. Our volunteers have placed all of our interred on this platform.
Can you Figure out the clues? Good Luck!
Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records
1. Married to the first mayor of Phoenix.
2. School teacher, and buried in 1901. Husband is not buried with her.
3. Grave marker marked "Epworth League". Fatally shot in the foot by a falling gun in 1901. Previously had survived surgery on her skull for a brain tumor.
4. Little boy who drowned while "bird's nesting" in 1898.
5. First burial in the Masonic section, and died from ingesting morphine pills.