Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I.O.O.F Cemetery Scavenger Hunt

Photo by Sterling Foster

the I.O.O.F. Cemetery was created after the independent order of odd fellows purchased a piece of land to bury their dead, as well as others.  

Lindley Orme, a sheriff from one of our lawmen posts, is buried in the I.O.O.F. Cemetery.  

Below, you will see several clues to the I.O.O.F.  

The answers can be found on Find a Grave.  Our volunteers have placed all of our interred on this platform.  However, we do hope you will join us in Person soon.  

Post Your Answers in the Reply Section.  Good Luck!

Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records

1.  What does I.O.O.F stand for?

2.  Murdered on his way to Florence in 1873.  Grave marker is a replica.  

3.  Born in 1876.  Father made coffins.  Buried with his mother.

4.  Owned the Phoenix Illuminating Gas and Electric Company.  Born in 1847.

5.  Stabbed by a knife in 1879.  Was originally buried in the 1st City Cemetery.  

No comments: